Additional Services Available:
Miscellaneous Charges:If additional work must be done to your quilt before it can be quilted we charge $20 per hour with a minimum of 1 hour. Prior to doing any additional work, we will call you to advise what needs to be done. Some of the most common things we have seen are:
- Make Binding $.05 per linear inch – You provide the fabric and we cut and prepare the binding, making it ready to attach to your quilt.
- Machine stitched to both front & back of quilts - $0.10 per linear inch
- Machine stitched to front /hand stitched to back - $0.25 per linear inch
- sewing of seams that came loose
- reattaching a wavy border
- adding leaders to the backing (because backing fabric is not at least 8” longer and/or wider than quilt top)
- sew backing together
Machine Quilting by Mail:
We provide longarm services by mail. Just ship us your quilt with the quilting services form
filled out (be sure to include your address). If you are not able to download and print the form, please enclose your name, address, phone number, batting preference, and any special instructions on a separate piece of paper.
Feel free to call us with any questions. All shipping costs are your responsibility.
We will put your quilt in line to be quilted the day we receive it. If you have a deadline or need a rush job, please be sure to notify us and we can discuss further via phone.
We recommend shipping only your top and backing (or just your top if you prefer to purchase backing from us). We carry high-quality batting and buying your batting from us will reduce the shipping charges when you send your quilt to us. We will call you when your quilt is finished with actual shipping fees and the final quilting bill. We can accept credit cards over the phone and get your quilt shipped immediately. All quilts are shipped via the USPS.
o Cotton Request
We use Quilter’s Dream batting. They use the softest, silkiest, highest-quality fibers so that your quilt will stay soft and wonderfully drapeable. No scrims, glues, resins or binders. We currently use the following:
- Thin & lightweight providing the lowest loft. Warm in winter & cool in summer. Great for micro-quilting or can be quilted up to 8” apart. Machine wash & dry.
o 80/20 Blend
- The perfect blend of 80% high grade long staple USA cotton fiber paired with 20% fine denier poly microfiber for a soft, silky batting that drapes beautifully and breathes well. The poly micro-fibers add loft and resistance to creases/wrinkles. Can be quilted up to 8” apart. Machine wash & dry.
- Made with a Scoured and Super Washed Domestic & Fine Merino Wool for superior cleanliness and to eliminate shrinkage and felting. It provides exceptionally soft drape, uniformity, and strength. Stitch up to 8” apart.
- More than 1/3″ loft that beautifully accentuates the quilting. For a higher loft, Dream Wool can be layered with other Dream Battings.
- May be Machine Washed and Dried on COLD setting without shrinkage. To prevent losing the beautiful loft – avoid ironing or using heat.
- If creases are present, fluff in a cool dryer with a damp cloth for just a few minutes and the Dream Wool springs Back to its original loft.
If you provide your own batting, please make sure batting is wider and longer than the quilt top by a total of 8”-12” in each direction.