In the beginning there was a scary Ill tempered serger... Lol!
To begin the saving of said serger....
You need to learn some basic Serger Techniques.
We will set up and thread our sergers with 3 threads, we will push and pull all her knobs and buttons and read in our Manuel ( medical description of its ills!) as to what is needed for her run well as we go through 6 different overlock and rolled hem uses of your now tamed serger!
Bring 3 different colored cones of serger thread
A dozen fabric swatches 4 inches by 6 inches
Your usual serger tools
YOUR MANUEL ANS THREADING DIAGRAM ARE A MUST HAVE!
You will need:
1. Your Manuel and threading chart!!!
2. Your basic serger tools
3. 3 Different colors of serger thread.
4. Solid colored strips of fabric. 3 inches by 6 inches about 12
5. Pen or pencil to take notes on Serger brochure that will be provided and for writing on the fabric if you like.
After this class, Greta has a series of classes designed to use your serger to create a variety of projects.
Greta is a Martha Pullen certified instructor and loves to teach.
- Class materials must be purchased at A Stitch in Time. This helps us cover class expenses. We do ask however that you check with us prior to purchasing any supplies to ensure the class has made.
- Pre-registration with payment is required. You may register in person, by phone, or through our website class calendar. Be sure to register early to help us ensure sufficient enrollment is met.
- Cancellations: If we cancel a class due to insufficient enrollment, weather, etc., all fees will be refunded. You may receive a refund if you cancel your class up to 10-days prior to class. Due to the teacher’s class planning and ordering of supplies, refunds will not be processed if you cancel less than 10-days before class. A store credit may be provided at instructor discretion only.
- Please cancel if you are sick.
- Please refrain from wearing fragrances to class.
- Come to class expecting a day of fun and relaxation!
|Skill Level: ||beginner|
|Skill Details: ||Beginner|
|Instructor: ||Gretta Hurst|